Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Special "Thank You" to Rockwood Clinic

As many of you know, Rockwood Clinic, Craig's employer, has been very supportive of our family and circumstances over the past fourteen months, when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer. I would like to thank them here, to tell them how much it has meant. We are ever grateful that Craig works for a company that truly cares about its employees and their families. And while I am unable to discuss the particulars, Rockwood has pledged their support to us over the coming months, enabling Craig to be with me in Seattle during the times when I will really need him.

Thank you.

I would also like to share with you our sorrow for what the CEO of Rockwood, Dr. Kevin Sweeney, and his family are facing. Dr. Sweeney's teenage son is in the final stages of a terminal illness. Dr. Sweeney took a six month leave of absence at the first of the year. I share this with you because Dr. Sweeney has been integral of the support and flexibility given to Craig, even as he juggled his work responsibilities with his private heartbreak of his son's illness. He even has reached out to me directly, to reassure me, to tell me not to worry, that he "had my back". Even as he left for his leave, he made sure his interim replacement would know about our situation and continue to offer to help us in the manner he would have.

That is class. That is integrity. And that is compassion for others even when your own world is caving in.

I only wish that we had some way to support and help him as he has with us.

I would also like to thank everyone at Rockwood Quail Run, Craig's clinic, for all of their support and frankly, tolerance, as my health has yanked around my husband's life and thus theirs. The staff, both medical and non-medical, have had to pick up alot of his responsibilities and duties when he was unavailable to do so. Thank you to each of you.

Please pray for Dr. Sweeney and his family. Wish for peace and grace for them.

No comments: