Friday, January 23, 2009

Benefit Fund Donors

You may have noticed that I've added some new names to the Donor List at right. I am trying to get caught up and celebrate each new name I add. Isn't it amazing that so many have answered the call to help? Each person truly has made a difference in my life. With the transplant date now set, I am reminded that I would not have gotten this far without the help and support I have received.

Some of you have worked miracles as you have taken my cause to your personal and professional circles, generating many additional donations. I am in awe of the human spirit to help. It is genuinely inspiring.

I have also seen people donate more than once. The bank has forwarded countless noted that were included in donors' envelopes and I have been deeply touched by the heartfelt words that have been written. Many of you chose to donate because you have also been affected by cancer. I have read the stories of battles fought, won and lost. For those that have given in memory of someone you lost, I am honored.

For you Delta Phi Delta Gammas out there, you may remember Jackie Sadler, one of our advisors. Her daughter, Lisa Boyette, donated in memory of Jackie as well as on her own. Sadly, Jackie lost her fight with colon cancer in Decmber 2007.

My cousin, Robin Johnson, circulated my cause within her circle, reaching Phillip Barrow. His donation was accompanied by a kind note sharing how he lossed his mother to cancer and wanted to reach out because he knew how it had affected him and his family.

Kelcie Ottmar lost her fight against CML. Her big sister, Cindy Stevens, donated in her memory. Wow.

There are so many storied I could share. While I may not list them all here, please know that your thoughts, words, kindnesses, and generosity are valued and cherished. It is my honor to have you in my corner.

No comments: