Saturday, January 17, 2009

Benefit Fund Donors and Supporters

It seems like I have written this before, but I am horribly behind on posting donor names and acknowleding donations. I am so sorry and it certainly doesn't mean that it is not appreciated. It is soley a reflection of dwindling energy and time. Thank you to each and every one of you who has supported me financially and emotionally. It has made THE difference in being able to go through this. I often feel like the luckiest person in the world. Yes, it stinks to go through all of this. But how many are blessed with such support?

I am going to start writing, as time, energy, and memory allows, to tell you about some of the really cool stories and tidbits I have acquired along the way. Please feel free to write me about any you have so that I can share them on my blog.

Here are a few for now:

One of my best friends and my high school classmate, Katy Powers, turns out to most likely be a distant cousin of mine on the Seward side.

A 92 year young woman in Los Angeles, Miss Charyl Patterson, has sent a card no less than once a week for months. My Aunt Marjorie is a special friend to her and buys the cards and delivers them to Miss Patterson in her nursing home. I have never met her.

I have been enrolled in Lourdes Prayer League, of Our lady of Lourdes, by Cathy and Bob Stroup. They are the aunt and uncle of the mother of one of John Paul's best buds at school. I have never met them.

A tree was planted in my honor in one of our National Forrests. This gift was from Amy Brown, a friend of my mother-in-law, Belinda Adams. I have never met her.

Santa made an extra and early delivery to the Robertsons. Kenette Wentner helped him with the gifts that wouldn't fit in his sleigh on Christmas Eve.

I have many more stories to tell and look forward to sharing them. But isn't it all pretty amazing?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People that have donated to you have done so from the heart. No thanks is needed. Thinking of you!