Monday, November 24, 2008

A Visit From My Cousin Anne






We recently had a wonderful visit with my cousin, Anne, from Oklahoma. We had reconnected last summer when I was in Norman for my 20th High School Reunion. (Go Tigers '88!) She came for a long weekend and we had a great time together.

It was especially nice that she was able to meet Craig and the boys. Anne was amazing with the kids and it means so much to me that they now know her. And I think that they very much enjoyed their new playmate! Included in their fun together, she braved taking both boys to see the new Madagascar movie and hours at the park.

I suppose it is when we don't know how much time is left in our lives that the concept of family, and extended family, becomes increasingly important. Anne was a very special person in my childhood. And it felt like we seemlessly picked up where we left off.

I must give her special props for enduring the Toys 'R Us tour for the boys to establish their gift wish lists. We both agreed that they must think Santa is immune to the current economic times......

To family, and reconnecting!

No comments: