Monday, November 24, 2008

Some Cool Things


I thought I might write about a few other cool things that have happened lately. As most of you know, I rarely get out of the house, unless it involves some kind of medical activity. So when new things happen, I get excited!

John Paul's school, All Saints, held their annual Snowlflake Gala fundraiser. It was so fun to get dressed up, actually wear make-up, and go! It was good to see many of the parents that I miss so much by not being able to drive John Paul to school. But the event itself was beautiful. We didn't get to stay very long but it was great to be there at all. Congrats to all who worked so hard on the event. I hear that the auction was very successful.

Another fascinating thing that I have been peripherally a part of is my friend Belinda father's journey with deep brain stimulation surgery. He has suffered from Parkisnsons for years and was brave enough to take this big step. It is inspiring to realize the advances that are continually being made in science and medicine.

The "A Little From A Lot" fundraising campaign continues to grow. It is absolutely amazing! If you have a minute, scroll down the list of donors. I have been blessed by so many and from all around the country, and beyond! Thank you to all of you who have helped by donating, by passing along my message to others, by praying for me. It ALL matters.

Last Friday night a fine jewelry show, featuring Terese Designs, was hosted as a fundraiser for my campaign. Not only was it a fun event, it was also quite successful! Many thanks to Stephanie Perko, Shelley Johnson, and Terese Designs for their work and fun! I am truly sorry I could not be there.

Finally, when I awoke yesterday I found an envelope on my nightstand. It contained a one dollar bill from John Paul. This is why I keep fighting.

No comments: