Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Pride and Joy

Thank you to everyone who left a comment, sent an email, texted, or left messages about the pictures I posted of the boys's first day of school. It seems impossible that they are five and seven and 3/4 (John Paul would never forgive me not adding that detail) and in school all day. Again, I lost that three year time period and still can't reconcile the gap.

They are beautiful or I guess I should say handsome to not embarrass them. Both are so photogenic and I love taking pictures of them. Their personalities seem to come through their pictures. Or perhaps it is because I know them. Regardless, they are exceptional to their Mom.

They are boys, in every sense of the word. No longer little boys, they are running at full steam into this next age phase. I was speechless when someone told me that John Paul is actually a pre-tween. Still can't swallow that one! And Brennan is bigger than most of his classmates and certainly has the physical strength over John Paul. In fact, Brennan is currently learning that someone is a little bit bigger and a little bit stronger at school...... I will keep you posted on that one.

They are themselves, distinctly Brennan and John Paul. I see much of Craig and I in both, and then many other characteristics of extended family in both as well. It really is fascinating.

I can honestly say I like them. That may seem a silly thing to say. My love for my children is unconditional but that doesn't always mean that a mother likes her child as well. I am fortunate to say that I do. Or at least most of the time.....

The greatest accomplishment, the greatest joy, my most important footprint that I will leave on this Earth are John Paul and Brennan. I occasionally get glimpses into their futures and know they are destined for full lives. They are overwhelmingly my pride and joy.

No comments: