Saturday, September 18, 2010

And I'm Off!

I leave for Seattle in the morning. I still don't want to go. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) and Fred Hutch. No one wants to go there. It is a place of last resort. Death is palpable.

I still don't want to go back there. I accept it is necessary but it seems they could do much by phone. Instead they love to issue command performances.

Everything there is complicated and my brain just doesn't work that way anymore. Everything is stressful. There is nowhere, other than the chapel, to go where there aren't as many people and it's not so loud. But as you can guess, the strongest negotiations take place in there. And it's right across the hall from Finance. And nobody wants to go in there.

I still don't want to go. Unfortunately I need their help and it's their game.

No comments: