Monday, December 15, 2008

Mid December in Spokane



Not only is it crazy to be up writing at 3:58 a.m., our weather is insane! It is currently 10 degrees, with a windchill of around -10 degrees. We are experiencing gusts of 20 to 30 mph and it is COLD! The high's for the next few days are single digits and 0. Yikes!

We did brave the outdoors for church this morning, followed by the boys' rehearsal for their Christmas Program at church. Back out again for the show at 5:00. It was adorable, silly, and special.

We are enjoying the Christams season, even though the boys are sure that we will forget what day is Christams and time to open gifts. The outside lights are up (Craig did a great job) and thank goodness they were done before all this arctic air moved in. The tree is up and a few presents get wrapped and added as I can. Many gifts have arrived from family and friends. We are again amazed with the generosity of so many.

John Paul was also in the All Saints Christmas Program with all of his classmates. He was so nervous for his first time up on stage. But we did a wonderful job. Although I wasn't able to go, Craig videotaped it for me. If I ever figure out how to do it, I will post a clip of his performance and both boy's in the Church Program. I was amazed to see his body language with his pretty classmate standing next to him. I think a crush is in the works!

Brennan and John Paul visited Santa last week. It was awesome! Mrs. Clause and Mr. Clause were very patient and read their letters start to finish.

Craig had a playdate with our friend Tom. They went goose hunting and had some good man-time.

While I am sure I am forgetting plenty of what's going on as we enjoy this month, I thought I would share with you some of the fun times we are having. It is a very important season for me for many reasons, and I am enjoying every minute of it that I can.

Wishing you the magic.......

No comments: