Saturday, February 13, 2010

GOOD NEWS!!

Yesterday I found out that the pathology from the breast nodule removal was NEGATIVE!! As my Aunt Sue said, "Sometimes Negative is good!" Ah, I am savoring this success and step in the right direction. Congrats to me and to all of you behind me!

Some of the test results are also back from the BMB. So far, so good. At this point I am waiting on a very specialized test to detect the presence of the Philadelphia chromosone. If that is there, then the leukemia is around the corner. If not..... A girl can dream, can't she?

I have also undergone a bizillion tests in preparation for my Seattle check-up. While they are "normal" as for a non-transplant person, they are "normal" for me for the most part. A few have been disconcerting and we'll be game-planning in Seattle. But no crisis. Hooray!

I had a substantial improvement in my Lung Function test. For what it's worth, I went from a score of 50 to a 74. 80 is the normal range. Holy cow! More good news!

I am looking forward to my medical schedule (which is also most of my social schedule, unfortunately) slowing down. I have had up to three appointments a day. It is also rather expensive with co-pays and over-allowables. Someday I will enjoy not being such a complete financial drain on my family. I plan on writing a post about my average monthly medical costs someday. Some of you have mentioned that you are curious as to what it costs to be me. Expensive sums it up. But better than dead.

Another progress report is that I am now down to 38 pills a day. This is 20 less than immediately post-transplant. And I am line-free, so good-bye PICC's and Hickman's.

Finally, I have successfully gained five pounds back. I am not up to 97!

I know I said finally, but I would like to close by thanking all of you who have prayed, supported, and helped me and my family through thios latest round of medical events. I literally couldn't do it without you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent posts, Sally.