Monday, February 22, 2010

And Again...

Again, sorry to leave you hanging! The last week has been filled with the musical chairs of family sickness. First Brennan and Craig with a cold two weeks ago. Then John Paul last week (it was only a three day week at school and he was home sick, along with five other classmates) then it was my turn. Ugh, my immune system is still so weak. It sent me to bed for three days. A common cold....

I had to cancel three big medical appointments: dentist, surgeon, and oncology. I will reschedule them today. They were all significant and it may be hard to get back in this week. But sharing a cold in the dentist's and assistant's face, and especially into the Cancer Treatment Center (surgeon and oncologist) is just not happening. Most everyone else in there are also immuno-compromised from treatment.

So here's the update:

1. My incision has made some progress but I am not sure if it is enough. I do not know if it will satisfy the surgeon and avoid a second surgery. When I saw her last week, she said if it was not healing significantly by last Friday's appointment, which I had to cancel, that she would need to take me back in the OR, "clean it out" and re-suture like crazy. She said this almost never happens, but as a breast cancer surgeon, the only time she sees it happen is with patients who have had a lot of chemo and other heavy medical issues. Plus I am immunosuppressed, which really complicates healing. That's me! So I have been packing it, continuing my antibiotics, and waiting for miracles....

2. I STILL don't know the final results of my bone marrow biopsy. Apparently Seattle is holding them and all will be revealed when I am there in two weeks. I think this is rather unfair. But I guess it's part of how they get us transplant patients to make the trip back.

No comments: