Sunday, March 1, 2009

Holy Cow!!!!!!

Hello everyone,
Well this is my first time posting a blog so I need some slack from you internet stars. This will be a quick update. Fot the last 5 days, Sally has been taking meds around the clock. Aprox 150 tablets a day. The first chemo meds are 28 tablets every 6 hours. Not to mention the other meds to help with side effects. I of course have to set alarms around the clock to wake her up to take them. the side effects are contolled very well, except their side iffects. she is corked up like a drunk which is better than being sick all day.
Everyday she has bloodwork at the clinic every 2 hours from 8:00 a.m. till about 3:00 p.m. so with the combination of labs, meds and regular day activities, sleep has been of upmost imprtance for both of us.
She will be admitted on Tuesday for the big chemo and then the donor marrow on the
6th.
I found it interesting that the marrow is given I.V. The cells know where to go after that. Isn't nature amazing. They have no idea why or how, but they do.
when she is in the hospital, we should be able to keep up with the information and events almost daily. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts and will talk to you all soon,.
craig

1 comment:

Dren said...

Good Job Craig! I am glad to hear that everything is going fairly smooth for you and Sally. It sounds like they are keeping you guys very busy. I hope the boys are doing alright. I am sure they miss you both very much. You are all in Nolan and my thoughts and prayers. God Bless and keep up the good work.