Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Boys Are Back!

At a little past eleven o'clock last night, our boys, Brennan and John Paul, came down the ramp and back to us after flying home from Denver. They left last Wednesday to visit my step-sister and her family in Castle Rock, CO. And what a trip they had!

I will have to write more, and include pictures, when they are with me so I can turn their hyper excitement of tales and adventures into words. Let's just say that their Aunt Jackie and their cousins Adam (18), and Erin (16), and Ali (16) are the most awesome people ever!!! They went to games (sports), movies, putt-putt, cool and delicious restaurants that we now must open here, and visited their cousins at their summer jobs, and, and, and, and! Two very happy boys lucky enough to have such a generous and cool Aunt, and three cousins who have tons of energy to keep them entertained to the hilt.

My sister and I had not always had a full relationship. We never lived in the same home so really don't have that shared memories history. But as I often find out, it seems, that once you grow up, marry, and have children, there are suddenly a lot more things in common and to fuel the development of a new relationship. So in addition to gaining that, we have found that these cousins will only be close if we create the opportunities for that. And here Jackie's generosity has made this both possible and happen. Thank you, Jackie! Couldn't and wouldn't have happened without you.

Today they slept in until 10:30 which normally never happens. They are spent from fun! And the excitement continued today as my Mom and my Godmother Denise arrived this afternoon for a visit. Spoiled and blessed!!!

No comments: