Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Shift

Well that "I'm feeling pretty damn good!" period has passed again. I get them occassionally and I cherish each moment of semi-normalcy. I also try to cram everything that hasn't been done, loving on my family, accepting as many invitations as possible to catch up with friends and make new ones, wear something other than sweats, run all those errands that build up, and try to do something with this house. And then there is the PILES and BAGS of stuff to catch up on. Ugh.....they are the bane of my existence.

It's pretty exciting to feel decent. It's almost a high. But as much as I am sure I am "better", there is a finite period of time involved. And this one has passed again. I cry each and every time it changes and I burrow in my hole and wonder why. I mean, I know why, this is just how it goes post-transplant. And my manic activity when I feel decent probably does not help the longevity. But it's like the whole world shifts and I am back in it.

So when it goes, I just hope and pray it will not be too long before it's back.

"IF YOU CAN HELP ANYBODY EVEN A LITTLE, BE GLAD; UP THE STEPS OF USEFULNESS AND KINDNESS, GOD WILL LEAD YOU IN TO HAPPINESS AND FRIENDSHIP." I have borrowed this from the All Saints Newsletter. I feel this deep in my soul. This is who I want to be and the kind of people I have been incredibly blesed with. Lord, please give me the patience I need. Please give me a life back.

This post was a little here and there. But it's what's on my mind tonight.

Love and blessings to each of you.

No comments: