Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Friend, Charyl

Okay, so I am behind. Again. As usual. As always.... I thought I would begin my catch-up by sharing a little about some special people in my life. Today, I will start with my friend, Charyl.

I wrote about her along time ago so the name may be familiar. Charyl is 93 years young. She is a church friend of my Aunt Marjorie and Uncle Jim in West Hills, CA. Charyl is a resident in a nursing home and embraces every activity offerred at full speed! In addition to bingo, parties, costume events (recently as Spider Woman), and visitors, she finds the time and desire to write me. About once a week. For over a year.

I have never met her. I have very definite mental pictures of her, as she writes (by typewriter) of her various activities. She sends words of wisdom, too, and often includes poems, authored by her or others. There is no doubt in my mind that Charyl's will could heal me itself!

Her unique, generous, and gracious friendship reminds me that we know not what another's journey is. Only to remember that we each have our own. And somedays, a simple guesture can genuinely affect how another faces the day. Thank you, Charyl, for sharing.

No comments: