Saturday, August 17, 2013

Well, Hello There........

Hi. How are you? According to the site I still have blog followers. So, what's up? Why am I writing a post at this time? Dont' know. It has weighed heavy on my heart that I did not keep my blog going, even with just the occasional post, updating on what's going on. One person told me that since I had just dropped off with the posts that she had worried that I had died. And I certainly would never want to let my silence be construed as such. My bad. Why didn't I keep posting? Even just a little measly post saying "Hey"? So no one would think I died? Same reason that my posts became fewer and fewer. I did not want to continue to deliver discouraging or "bad" news. I really wanted to get to a place of stability before I wrote again. Yet that day was elusive. I am happy to share that TODAY I am enjoying a period of stability! Yes, I think more "ok" days are here. And "good" days have become more common. Hooray!! It has been five and a half years since my breast cancer diagnosis and I remain in remission. Yippee! And it has been five years since my leukemia diagnosis and I remain in remission, with no sign of the faulty chromosone in my blood. Holy cow! And it has been four years since my bone marrow transplant and I am still here! I can't believe the time that has gone by. Mostly I can't believe that I am still alive. And I mean that literally. I have only recently come to believe that I may just make it. That it's ok to plan for the future. To daydream and envision future events. For so long I lived day by day, week by week, that even planning out anything was risky. I've cancelled so many dates, for me and at times by default my family, due to poor health. It was at Brennan's First Communion/Confirmation in May that I realized I had just witnessed something I truly thought I would never see. It hit me hard. The wake-up call was there and I heard it loudly. I made it! Now I am dreaming about middle school graduations and high school. First girlfriends and kisses. I don't dare go out much farther than that. But again, I never thought I would make it this far. I will write another post soon, filling you in on what has been going on medically since I have last written. It has been a long, arduous, and winding road. My body still fights me. I still fight my body. Insurance companies still drive me crazy. The bills keep coming. I still see my counselor. The family still struggles with the defecit of a full-time wife and mother. But alas, we all have problems, don't we? For now, I ask that the reader accept my apology for silence and understand that I have waited for a day when there are good things to share and when life was more stable. And that day is now!(Never mind I had surgery three days ago....) Celebrate with me!! Sally

3 comments:

Hali Rogers said...

YAY! Do you know how good it is to "see" you here?! :) I've thought about you so often wondering how you were doing. I'm so happy that you're having some better days now...what a relief huh? Please know though, that it's okay to come on here and pour your heart out with the hardest of times too. You are one amazing woman! Never forget that! Hugs, Hali

Kelli C. said...

Thinking of you today :)

Anonymous said...

This is Sally Robertsons son, Brennan. I found this page probably 5 years ago when I was 13 by just searching her name in google. I didnt have the guts to keep reading after a few blogs i had read. The tears wouldn’t stop that night. Ive just recently came back because sally has just been diagnosed with breast cancer again. An absolute warrior of a women, with a heart of love, compassion, and just quite frankly the best effing mother. I dont know who will see this or if anyone will. I love you mom, please dont give up